Each teacher is assigned a room parent to help coordinate the class needs.
Room Parent Responsibilities
- Act as the classroom PTO representative
- Attend room parent meeting with teacher as requested
- Create classroom email distribution list and send out reminders and announcements to class parents throughout the year as requested by teacher or room parent coordinator
- Assist teacher with preparation for orientation or events as needed, and speak to class parents regarding communications and volunteer sign-ups
- Coordinate donations by class parents of items to carnival
- Coordinate parent volunteers for the classroom, specials classes, field trips and school-wide events by sending reminders and finding additional help when necessary
- Coordinate the planning of class parties including coordinating volunteers, activities, snacks, and clean up
- Coordinate sign-ups for classroom “need” items
- Assist with classroom service projects
- Coordinate teacher gifts and appreciation items. Remember, regardless of who donates ALL kids are to be included on the card, gift, etc. Items should always be from entire class.
Click the link to open the Room parent list.